Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Back in Iowa

I woke up this morning at 7:45 am. It would be 6:45 am in Costa Rica, which is what time I'd wake up to get ready for class. I need to stop waking up that early! I slept awesome in my bed. I had breakfast with Mom and Dad. We had scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, homemade bread with Guava jelly that I brought home, a banana, and chocolate milk. I love American food!

Dad already assigned me some work to do, so I better do some of that today. I also have to do laundry and unpack. Later I'm going over to Cody's new house and he's grilling hamburgers. I have been craving a hamburger for a month! :) And I think I'm going to make Snicker salad. Oh how I've missed Iowa food.

Things I missed about the US:
- Being able to flush toilet paper
- The people, family, friends, Cody, and Cubby
- Good meat
- Chocolate milk
- Harry Potter
- English
- Water pressure in showers
- My bed
- Not having to put on bug spray before going to sleep
- No cockroaches, bugs, spiders, lizards, etc. in my room
- My cell phone
- Cooking and baking
- Not having to wear 100 SPF sunscreen to walk around the neighborhood

Things I liked about Costa Rica:
- Laid back atmosphere
- Spanish
- The culture
- My mama tica
- The mountains (my favorite)
- The excursions
- Exercise, sometimes (walking up mountains a lot...)
- Healthier food
- Cheap movie theaters
- Fresh bread and jelly
- Fresh pineapple!
- Fresh fruit drinks
- Pura Vida (it means happy and pure life, a good life)

It was a great experience and I'm so glad I went! I would like to visit Costa Rica again for a vacation. There were a few places that I wanted to visit but I ran out of time. I will be back, Costa Rica! My favorite excursion was by far rafting. It was so much fun. The good thing is, I can go rafting in the US! I will definitely be doing that again. It was a very fun month, but of course I'm glad I'm home. Thanks for following along with my blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment