Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tuesday 5/29/2012

This morning for breakfast we had eggs, fruit, coffee, and bread and jelly. In class today, we reviewed the subjunctive and reviewed the homework. We also started a class project about the visit to the cloud forest. We just had to work as a class to come up with a powerpoint and presentation about the trip.

After class, Kaydee, Grace, David and I ate at the green pizzeria for lunch. I had a ham and mushroom pizza with a fresh pineapple and cas smoothie. After lunch, we went back to school to meet up with Brandon and Chelsea. We got a taxi and went to the Children's Museum downtown San Jose. It cost $2 to get in and we were there for about 2.5 hours. The museum was pretty fun! It had a lot of interactive exhibits. It had an exhibit about the colonization of the Americas, how the indians lived, children's stories, bubbles, scientific exhibit, etc. Plus, I could actually understand most of the descriptions that they had displayed because they were written with little kid language and words! :)

After the museum, I did homework at home for a while. I had to do a few pages of homework and then finish my Salsa dancing presentation. For dinner, we had rice with hot dog bits in it, potato chips, and tamarindo juice. A few nights ago, I had tamarindo juice at a cafe and I had no idea what a tamarindo was. So, I asked my mama tica and she couldn't explain it very well. When I got home today, she got all excited and said "come here!!" She had bought a tamarindo for me to see. It was just the insides of the tamarindo. It was seeds covered with a goo, it kind of looked like dates. We tried it and she said "Good, isn't it?!" I hated it. It was really bitter and too sweet. It had a weird taste, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings. So I said "Yes, very strong flavor.." So she made it for dinner. Hopefully we don't have to eat it again!

Wizard's Chess at the museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment