Thursday, May 10, 2012

Where is our stop?!

Hola! This morning I got up extra early again so the electrician could come to fix the outlet in my room because it doesn't work. I have to go in the dining room to charge my computer, it's annoying. But he didn't come, so I don't know when it will get fixed. Hopefully soon! This morning for breakfast I had eggs, gallo pinto, pan and jelly, coffee, and bananas and watermelon. I finally figured out what flavor jelly it is.. it's guava jelly and my goodness is it delicious. Best jelly ever.

The other students in the house offered to take Bethany and I to school this morning in their car, so we said yes. But, the neighbor's car was parked in front of theirs and we couldn't get out, and it took forever to have them move it. So we were about 5 minutes late to class. We are allowed 3 tardies and after that we fail the class. Thankfully, it's "tico time" here, which means that they are extremely relaxed and have absolutely no sense of time, and the teacher was 15 minutes late. So we were ok. From now on, we're walking!

Class today went well. The class is very laid back. Today we reviewed the past tenses. I learned them in all of my other classes that I had before, but I need to review and practice! My teacher is really nice. Her name is Eugenia Yglesias. I wish it was Enrique Yglesias! :) After class a few of us went downtown. We took the city bus this time. It was only aboug 50 cents each way, cheap! We got there fine. We went to a little bakery to eat. I got a calzone type thing with ham and cheese. Delicious! Then we went to the art market, like the one in the Bahamas, except way nicer. I want to go back, they have a lot of cute things there!

On the way back home, we took a bus. But, we missed our stop because we thought it'd stop at the same place it picked us up.. yeah, not the case. So after staying on the bus for about half an hour, we got kicked off because we can only stay on for one round. We got on another bus and finally got home. At least we now know how the bus system works!!

Bethany and I are in the same class, and we had a presentation to write about the Costa Rican artist Francisco Amighetti. We did that, then I finished 6 pages of homework. The class is nice, but more homework than I expected.
Evan and I at the bakery.

Pizzeria verde by my house! Today I had a banana/orange/strawberry smoothie.

My neighborhood.

My shower at night. Look at all the bugs! Ew! Most of them are dead by the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment